Canadian Amateur Radio Station VE1ALQ & VE9DW VE1XYL when allowed ( ;o}
23cm 2 X 7289 Cavity
- Below are thumb nail images of machined & milled components used to assemble a Dual (2X),7289 (2C39AW) cavity for 1296Mhz. With good tubes this amplifier is very capable of 350+W output with an anode voltage of 1450VDC key down. Thermal stability is excellent when tubes are water cooled, I never touch the tuning unless the a tube has been changed. I ran one of these amplifiers bare foot on 23cm EME for two years at 300W output, and again never had to re tune.
- NOTE: Because of plating cost, and lack of need for plating, only the TOP end, or High Power End of the Cavity is Silver plated. Final plating is 12 microns thick & all material used is solid brass stock.
- This amplifier makes an excellent driver for the TH-327, & TH-347 Linear amplifiers as well as a stand alone amplifier. Click on each thumb nail image for a larger view of each component, then use
your "BACK BUTTON" to return to normal thumb nail view of this page.
- These Cavities are milled & machined from NEW virgin stock material, NO reused materials at all, and Silver Plated to 12 Microns thickness. Also 0.010 Ultem (GE Trade Mark), is used for the Anode bypass rather than Teflon as shown. Ultem is a more stable product and not as easily punctured as Teflon.
- Price on this unit is $319.00USD + Shipping. I have had to increase the price by $17.00USD, because of increased cost of Silver Plating and shipping to & from Winnipeg Canada, the Local Plating Company no longer exists.
- Cavity Anode Bypass.
Cavity Top Plate.
Anode Side Plates.
Cathode Input Assembly.
Assembled Cavity Unit.
Bias Supply, Non-Current Limited .
Bias Supply using Current Limiting.